Have a question not answered here, let us know.
- Q: What is a LUG?
A: A LEGO Users Group is simply a community of LEGO enthusiasts who meet up regularly to be social, share ideas, trade parts, build on collaborative projects, plan awesome events and generally share in the hobby. The Iowa LEGO Users Group (IowaLUG) aims to create such a community locally and to act as a resource for people who are interested in LEGO as a hobby at any level.
- Q: What is a AFOL?
A: In the LEGO Community a AFOL is an Adult Fan of LEGO ...not to imply they are an 'awful' person ;) We are good people with a fun hobby. IowaLUG likes to say the "A" in AFOL stands for "Any" Fan of LEGO.
- Q: How can I participate
- A: Here are a few ways to jump in and participate:
- Come to our monthly Meet Ups — We get together to discuss LEGO, do some building (we provide a bunch of bricks) and share our own creations. Our Meet Ups are always free to attend and we welcome everyone to come see what we're doing. Meet Ups are held on monthly.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter — We send out a period email with IowaLUG information, perhaps a profile on a member or creation, and definately share information about upcoming LEGO related events that anyone would enjoy. We don't spam - we hate spam too. Join the mailing list to stay informed.
- Share your own creations — We'd love to see what you've created!. Follow our Facebook Group, mention @iafansoflego on Twitter, or email us.
- Attend a LEGO fan event — There are a number of local and regional LEGO related events. They make fantastic destinations for the family!
- Send Us Note — Have some questions? Drop us an email and we'll do our best to help you out!